If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 21 Oct 2013 15:39 #15681

Cool, hopefully it works for everyone :) Should be fun!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 21 Oct 2013 19:44 #15687

Another thought as I read on: lots of the material seems to be related to the ability to use spiritual practices to 'not have to really feel' what's happening. I've certainly TRIED to do this, and tried quite hard without realising that's what I was doing (I thought I was noting it and therefore not avoiding it), but I've never actually succeeded. I notice though (and I see this often in AA), other people seem to have a real capacity to not feel their feelings - to dissociate - which is a problem, whereas my problem always seemed to be the reverse.

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 22 Oct 2013 18:36 #15702

My observation is that folks who don't often feel their feelings actually think they are, and are the loudest when denying they don't.
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2013 18:37 by Chris Marti.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colleayn

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 23 Oct 2013 00:23 #15704

As much as I have found benefit in this topic, and have always wanted to read this book, I am SO starved for reading time lately that I just can't bring myself to commit. What a great idea, though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colleayn

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 23 Oct 2013 10:45 #15710

Jackson! Have you been lurking for the past many months? It's nice to see you again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 23 Oct 2013 13:49 #15712

I think Jackson's new avatar tells the story of where he's been spending much of his time :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackson, Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser, Colleayn

Spiritual Bypassing Book/Discussion Group 25 Oct 2013 10:50 #15754

Chris nailed it :) ... Well, that, and I'm also doing my counseling internship right now. Working with clients is amazing, and it's also VERY challenging. I'm growing a lot, to say the least.

Ona, I haven't really been lurking much. I miss you guys, though. Nice to see the old place humming along.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds