Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Welcome!

Welcome! 21 Oct 2014 17:02 #95580

Welcome Teague, I met you briefly at last year's BG conference - you were at the unconference too if I remember.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Welcome! 21 Oct 2014 17:05 #95581

Hi, Teague. Welcome! It was good to meet you in Boulder.
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014 22:08 by Andy.

Welcome! 22 Oct 2014 21:21 #95642

Hello everyone!

I've been on the path for over a decade now following what I interpreted later as a kundalini/A&P experience. After a brief exploration of self-hypnosis and sophrology, I discovered Yoga meditation and have had a daily meditation practice ever since. That practice evolved over the years. Over the past years, I've been applying mostly the Advanced Yoga Practices open system (aypsite.org).

Although yoga meditation has been my main tradition, I believe that enlightenment is a "universal phenomenon" and as such is to be found in most spiritual traditions. (The multiple paths to the top of the mountain metaphor). As such, I'm always interested in integrating practices from other traditions.

In the last year, through listening to the Buddhist Geeks podcast, I discovered Shinzen Young Basic Mindfulness system and added that to my mix of practice. That's my connection to the dharma.

I've met some of you at this year Buddhist Geeks conference, and I've been told that this was a nice community with calm and mature folks. That's rare on the Internet, so I joined right away :-)

I live in Montreal, QC (Canada) with wife and three boys (including a pair of twins). In my day job, I work as a manager in cloud computing.

Cheers

Francis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake St. Onge, shargrol, Andy, Laurel Carrington, cedric reeves

new guy! 23 Oct 2014 08:14 #95665

Hello everyone! I met some of you at BG14.

I started meditating Dec 2013 in the Goenka tradition, got A&P, found zero support after the 10-day so I then found DhO and Mahasi tradition. I'm used to reading the good people at DhO, but I like the cool and calm ethic I heard attributed to here, so I'm a bit between online homes at the moment.

Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake St. Onge, shargrol

new guy! 23 Oct 2014 08:32 #95668

Hello Matthew, Francis and Teague. Nice to have you here.

Welcome! 23 Oct 2014 09:01 #95669

Hi Matt, Teague, and Francis! It was good to meet you and talk with you at BG. I'm looking forward to having all of you here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teague

Welcome! 26 Oct 2014 16:07 #95745

Welcome to everyone. This is a good place, and I see it getting better and better all the time!

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 16:38 #96630

Hello!

I am excited to be joining awake network after hearing about it from a few fellow meditators.

Can't wait to get started and see what's goin' on!

Derya
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, Kacchapa, Laurel Carrington

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 16:51 #96631

Welcome, dearest wife.

-T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 16:53 #96632

(Is this our first husband and wife? Neat!) ...and welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Derya Anderson

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 17:12 #96633

Welcome, Derya!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Kacchapa, Laurel Carrington

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 17:22 #96634

Good to see you here! Once again I managed to thank Chris by accident today. I must be feeling grateful to him for something. I'll ask my subconscious to make it known.

Welcome! 13 Dec 2014 17:33 #96635

Do you perchance go by the handle "AugustLeo", too?

:-)

Welcome! 14 Dec 2014 02:19 #96642

Hey Derya,
Welcome to the forum....glad you could make it.
~D

Welcome! 14 Dec 2014 10:23 #96643

Chris Marti wrote:
Do you perchance go by the handle "AugustLeo", too?

:-)

:lol:

Welcome! 30 Dec 2014 16:24 #96952

Hello there!

I've stumbled upon awakenetwork.org by coincidence and after reading some public topics I've decided to stay here. I come from Croatia, Europe and I've been meditating for 3yrs now. I started to meditate mainly because of my anxiety disorder(s) and didn't follow any particular way of meditating. Instead of that I created my conglomerate technique combined from instructions I had look up on the internet but it stopped to work. So I have started to follow Shinzen Young's Five Way instructions.
My efforts to find a teacher here in Croatia were fruitless so I hope I'll find answers and guidance on this forum.

Best,

Kristijan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa, Kirk

Welcome! 30 Dec 2014 17:39 #96956

Welcome Kristijan! Look up Hokai Sobol. He lives in Rijeka. www.hokai.info/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristijan

Welcome! 31 Dec 2014 02:48 #96960

Russell wrote:
Awesome! Thank you for the link :)

Welcome! 31 Dec 2014 17:41 #96961

Glad you're here--you can have a look around, and then start up a practice thread whenever you're ready.

Welcome! 31 Dec 2014 19:22 #96964

Kristijan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Awesome! Thank you for the link :)

+1 on Hokai. I'm currently working with him via Skype, and find him to be an excellent teacher.

Welcome! 01 Jan 2015 14:54 #96973

Thank you Russel, Laurel and Andy for the warm welcome. I had sent an email to Hokai, waiting for his reply :)

Welcome! 09 Feb 2015 00:15 #97598

Hello! I have recently (November) completed technical fourth path working with Ron Crouch, and have been wanting to join this community… frankly, I haven't until now because I feel so much like nothing ever happened,totally normal human and yet… sorting out what is different! I would love to connect with anyone about understanding of this time, this interesting place in life. Or for whatever other good hearted or inquisitive reason. Wishing you well,

Megan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, shargrol, Ona Kiser, Andy, every3rdthought, Tina, Kristijan

Welcome! 09 Feb 2015 08:23 #97601

Welcome, and congratulations!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Tina

Welcome! 09 Feb 2015 08:53 #97603

Hi Megan, very glad you're here!

Welcome! 09 Feb 2015 11:29 #97612

Megan wrote:
Hello! I have recently (November) completed technical fourth path working with Ron Crouch, and have been wanting to join this community… frankly, I haven't until now because I feel so much like nothing ever happened,totally normal human and yet… sorting out what is different! I would love to connect with anyone about understanding of this time, this interesting place in life. Or for whatever other good hearted or inquisitive reason. Wishing you well,
Megan

Hi Megan,

I'd love to hear your perspective on what's the same and what's different. It just so happens that there's currently a conversation about this very thing right here. Feel free to join in, cheer, heckle, throw popcorn, or whatever strikes you as appropriate.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2015 11:31 by Andy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ona Kiser, Megan
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds