If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Catching someone using the siddhis on you

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 15 Mar 2015 13:59 #98056

So I went on a mini retreat this last week. I went out to the Thai temple and sat for 3 hours with a break for lunch. I was working on getting hard 5th and 6 jhana to explore any selfing process that might be left entangled with space and consciousness. So I have sat there before and had the experience of the Siddhis being used on me, the divine eye and ear, that would keep me from being able to meditate. I found that as soon as I did loving kindness meditation there was a "oh, you can do that here" sensation and then the watching presence would leave ad I would do metta for a while then shift to my usually sit of going up the jhanas to 4th and investigating. So I figured it would be the same with these sits. This time I went to 4th and the mind moved to the back seat and created the standard mental chatter background that I usually ignore and move past but this time I could not move past it. I continued to focus on calling up sensations of spaciousness but the background mental chatter was ongoing. I finally tuned in to what the conversation was and was very surprised to find that I was being interrogated. What I thought was just mental chatter was a conversation going on with questions I would not be asking myself. I tend to know my mental conversations and they do not include questions to myself such as "do you like Thai women?" , "are you looking for a Thai wife?" , "are you looking for a second wife?"....that is when I snapped out of practise and noticed what was going on. WTF? I was in equanimity and so it was not a huge deal at the time.
The lady serving lunch told me she asked the abbot if she should interrupt my sit to invite me to lunch and he said no, I would be out soon and would join them for lunch which I did after feeling out and deliberating whether I was invited or not.
Sooooo...... on reflection I am a bit angry with the invasion of privacy. I want to sit down with the Abbot and ask some very pointed questions to him....When is it useful and wise to use the siddhis? Do we have a right to invade peoples privacy? What does the pali cannon and the rules of the Monks say about this? I want to shame him..... I want him to know what is happening in case it is not him and get whoever in trouble if I can. I am being really honest of my motives and think it is petty of me but I also think they are being naughty and should be caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

Anyone else have this happen to them and what if anything came of it? Thoughts?
Thanks,
~D
Edit: Oh and I'm pissed that I spent two days there trying to get new stuff done for the purpose of awakening and may have be halted by this....wasting my time...not a victimless crime.
Last Edit: 15 Mar 2015 14:04 by DreamWalker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 15 Mar 2015 17:49 #98058

I guess my strategy is acceleration - not to resist or oppose, but to encourage their siddhi/intention to complete itself in an ideal way:

"May the interrogator have the answers to the questions being sought for the benefit of all beings. May the interrogator be completely satisfied with the answers received for the benefit of all beings. May all beings benefit from this intention. May I awaken as quickly as possible for the benefit of all beings. May we all awaken. May we all be free from suffering. May we all be happy."

Trying to catch someone on this is as much a show of your own power as it is a condemnation of the intrusion (and that intention can be used against you if the other entity would want to do so). Best to assume that the interrogator is a protector being, trying to ensure the safety of the congregation or something like that and help it do that.

Good stuff, kinda funny in a certain way, but bummer that it tripped you up.

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 15 Mar 2015 17:54 #98059

Quick addition... I notice a lot of the traveling thai forest monks will ask the nearby entities for permission to practice before the really power up their practice. Seems to make sense in some situations. I've done it myself. Basically you kind of "know" if your intentions are wholesome and then there is a sense of protection.
Last Edit: 15 Mar 2015 17:55 by shargrol.

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 15 Mar 2015 22:52 #98060

shargrol wrote:
I guess my strategy is acceleration - not to resist or oppose, but to encourage their siddhi/intention to complete itself in an ideal way:

"May the interrogator have the answers to the questions being sought for the benefit of all beings. May the interrogator be completely satisfied with the answers received for the benefit of all beings. May all beings benefit from this intention. May I awaken as quickly as possible for the benefit of all beings. May we all awaken. May we all be free from suffering. May we all be happy."

Trying to catch someone on this is as much a show of your own power as it is a condemnation of the intrusion (and that intention can be used against you if the other entity would want to do so). Best to assume that the interrogator is a protector being, trying to ensure the safety of the congregation or something like that and help it do that.

Good stuff, kinda funny in a certain way, but bummer that it tripped you up.
Thanks, I know I'm being petty after the fact. The showing of my own power totally is what its about...like having the perfect comeback after a conversation is long over. > have thought about it being a protective being and can imagine the past experience of weirdos after the congragation. Next time (if i go back) i will spend some time setting my intention for the benefit of all beings up front and ask for help up front.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, shargrol

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 25 Mar 2015 15:37 #98157

Coming late to the party here, but DreamWalker, there are a couple of different ways to look at this.
(1) Nothing in the universe is separate from anything else. If we're all inextricably linked to one another, if no one and no thing is separate, is anything private?Perhaps privacy a concept created by the ego that wants to maintain a relative sense of separateness. IME, when the mind is concentrated and aware, it receives data about other people's stuff 100% to choicelessly. Sometimes well in advance of the event unfolding in that person's life. Sometimes after that fact. Sometimes as the event is unfolding.
(2) Past, present and future events are influenced by heart-felt, conscious intentions created in the here and now. Scientists and healers like Russell Targ, Jane Katra and Stephan Schwartz have written books about it. If you don't want people to pick up on your stuff-- choicelessly, or by deliberate use of siddhis--you can set the intention for your field to "remain closed". When you sit down on your next retreat, simply hang an imaginary "no trespassing" sign around your being. Some people imagine a bubble around their energetic field that blocks unwanted psychic intrusions. Some people are naturally private, and that intention is understood by "the field" of awareness.
(3) Snooping is kinda creepy. If you really feel someone is being intrusive, I would use the blocking techniques. That is a good way to honor your own sense of knowing.
(4) Assume the best of your teachers. Know that psychic connections are formed automatically anytime we open our hearts to others. We are all psychic. We're all connected. If your teachers are aligned with Source, they're gonna pick up on the stuff you need help with. :) This is good. One of my teachers is a master healer. The only time she ever calls me is when I'm deathly ill. She just knows. She's as genuine and compassionate as they come, so when I'm too sick to move, I know she knows. And she always calls me to confirm and offers healing intentions. My main teacher has this same knowing, this same caring, compassionate spirit. There is no effort involved. The messages just bubble up from the solar plexus or pop into mind, or arrive silently as knowingness, all on there own. You've tasted this. So you already know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa

Catching someone using the siddhis on you 27 Apr 2015 20:32 #98575

I think this happens all the time within and around us all, just on an unconscious level. It is like our minds interact with each other, but we are not aware of this phenomenon, unless our minds are still.

It is like one is driving around a lake in a motor boat, creating waves, the waves of the boat push out , so no other waves hit the boat, and if they did hit the boat one would not notice, there is too much disturbance in the water. But, on the other hand, when one has stopped the boat, and the boat comes to rest, other waves will arise and rock the boat. The one is aware of the other waves, even though they are always there.

I know this all sounds weird, but perhaps it is just phenomenon, natural in its own way,

And it is most likely that the other person in your example probably did not know they were even transmitting. Or it could just be the mind doing other things and it only seems like siddhis.

Bryan
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds