If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Daniel's Mind Map video

Daniel's Mind Map video 22 Sep 2017 15:10 #107759

vimeo.com/69475208

I was re-watching this today and I think Shawn and Phillip would be very interested in some parts of it.

Shawn might be interested in how Daniel describes Equanimity -- basically it has it's own "fractal" progress of insight within it, complete with "mini-dark night" aspects and at 20:00 he talks about how you can cycle "high up"
in the progress of insight.

Phillip might be interested in how multiple fruitions are possible, described at 17:00 or so. (NOTE: edited post, this said 19:00 but it's actually 17:00)
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2017 17:18 by shargrol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Elstob, Philip, Geoff

Daniel's Mind Map video 23 Sep 2017 09:49 #107765

Mhmm, yeah, it was interesting to look at the map again and actually, to see equanimity broken down into sub-stages. The stuff at the top of the table is fascinating... really juicy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Geoff

Daniel's Mind Map video 23 Sep 2017 17:04 #107769

That was quite timely because I'd been pondering how the rapid cycle back to another fruition was possible. It's nice to see the map brought to life like that. I need watch it again really when I've got a proper spare half hour.

I have got a question though, the last couple of times I've done samatha, what's happened is that I've gone very quickly into a very concentrated eq like state, in about 7-8 minutes, with no obvious development of any jhana and then pop, and recycle. So I suppose I'm wondering if you can simply shift up those strata without actually particularly experiencing any corresponding jhana or nana? (Well, I suppose you can!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Shaun Elstob, Geoff

Daniel's Mind Map video 24 Sep 2017 07:39 #107771

Another thought - relating to the mini-dark night in eq. For me, at least, I find there is what I think of as 'false Equanimity' in Reobservation. All the unpleasant sensations and mental jingle-jangle will be going full tilt and then it suddenly settles and there's a feeling of relief and calm and then just when that seems the end of it, boom! the jingle jangle comes back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Shaun Elstob, Geoff

Daniel's Mind Map video 24 Sep 2017 08:34 #107772

Ha! I hadn't thought about that being mappable, but I can totally remember this occurring at times:

(I'm using Brrrr and Brap for the wierd dark night vibrations in the below)

BRRRRRRBRRAPBRRAPRAPBBARPBRAPBRAPBRRRRBRAPAPAPBRAPBRAP-silence

Me:cool, I guess that's done, now I'll--

BRRRRRRBRRAPBRRAPABABABABABRAPAPAPBRAPBR!!!

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Elstob, Philip, Geoff
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds