Is it necessary to articulate insight?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #110825 by Ona Kiser
lol. 'letting go' sounds rather prim sometimes, doesn't it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #110828 by Malcolm

shargrol wrote: That last corner and leftover bolts/struts is the most interesting part of the project! No need to banish it to the basement. :)

Chris Marti wrote: Yeah, small effects, huge rewards!

I kind of expected you guys to say that. Guys? Hmnn, well actually Shargrol could be anyone. A 200 pound Colombian dwarf female acrobat? An elderly effete Swedish male tuna boat captain? A digital dharma assistant with natural language processing? Just the buddhist next door? : :) ... But I'll think I will still go with 'guys' - it's kind of entity-neutral.

Anyway, my thinking is that I should be able work this out for myself now, with enough sustained effort. And that asking for more guidance probably wouldn't be very skilful, unless I run up against something particularly puzzling. Could you maybe just give me the nod or otherwise on that point of view?

More
5 years 1 week ago #110829 by Shargrol
Perhaps. I don't quite know your practice well enough to really nod or not, honestly.

(I'm a guy guy. :) )

More
5 years 1 week ago #110830 by Chris Marti
Unless shargrol is the greatest makeup artist that ever lived, he's a guy. I've met him.

More
5 years 1 week ago #110831 by Shargrol
Well... you haven't met me >that< way. ;)

More
5 years 1 week ago #110835 by matthew sexton

Curious Malcolm wrote:

shargrol wrote: That last corner and leftover bolts/struts is the most interesting part of the project! No need to banish it to the basement. :)

Chris Marti wrote: ....Hmnn, well actually Shargrol could be anyone. A 200 pound Colombian dwarf female acrobat? An elderly effete Swedish male tuna boat captain? A digital dharma assistant with natural language processing? Just the buddhist next door? : :) ...

I first heard from Shargrol when he was 'X' on DhO. I always liked what he had to say, but after I met him at Buddhist Geeks 2014 I realized that I hadn't really been able to trust him till I saw him face to face an heard a better name than 'x'.

More
5 years 1 week ago #110837 by Chris Marti

Chris Marti wrote:
....Hmnn, well actually Shargrol could be anyone. A 200 pound Colombian dwarf female acrobat? An elderly effete Swedish male tuna boat captain? A digital dharma assistant with natural language processing? Just the buddhist next door? : :) ...

Actually, no, I did not write that. Curious wrote that.

Just correcting the record, Your Honor.

More
5 years 1 week ago #110840 by Malcolm

shargrol wrote: Perhaps. I don't quite know your practice well enough to really nod or not, honestly.

Fair call. Doesn't really matter, it's mostly good fun now anyway - even the dukkha nanas are much more tractable.

(I'm a guy guy. :) )

Ah, glad I got it more or less right. Although I was kind of hoping for the digital dharma assistant with natural language processing ... :)

More
5 years 1 week ago #110841 by Junglist

Curious Malcolm wrote:

shargrol wrote: (I'm a guy guy. :) )

Ah, glad I got it more or less right. Although I was kind of hoping for the digital dharma assistant with natural language processing ... :)

I must say I had often wondered, but thought it irrelevant to Shargrol's great wisdom and much needed sanity that graced the DhO forums – although what was probably one of the craziest threads ever made me suspect... (sorry Shargrol!!! :pinch: it was rather funny)
www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/me...#_19_message_6461096