Layers of self - peeling back the onion

More
12 years 3 months ago #4475 by Chris Marti
"... get me the damn looney bin membership card already."

It's in the mail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4476 by duane_eugene_miller
Oh my.
Yeah.
Loony card.
I'm not clear on what I'm even doing now, if I'm intending to complete some process that can't be completed, doesn't actually exist in the first place or wont actually be of any use to me.

What the heck just happened! Ha! :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #4477 by Ona Kiser

Oh my.
Yeah.
Loony card.
I'm not clear on what I'm even doing now, if I'm intending to complete some process that can't be completed, doesn't actually exist in the first place or wont actually be of any use to me.

What the heck just happened! Ha! :)

-duane_eugene_miller

As I once wrote in my journal, 'why the hell am I sitting here staring at this wall? because some eccentric folks told me it's supposed to transform my mind in ways I can't even imagine? this is fucking nuts.' Wasn't the last time I had such thoughts.

Mara has plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4478 by Jackson
Duane, I think there are lots of processes that can be completed. It's just good to be smart about what we're doing; that is, uncovering and examining our assumptions is a good thing.

The essentials still apply. Our understanding of how it all unfolds is best held loosely.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4479 by Jake St. Onge
@ Jackson: those are good points. I think at this point it's safe to say that whatever else the standard "results" of the MCTB Pragmatic process, they make a good foundation for contemplative practice, but certainly don't represent any kind of exhaustive end point, nor do they represent the only way of achieving that sort of foundation. And one needn't buy into all the dogmas which come along with that process, nor need one become a technically adept meditator proficient at entering all the states enumerated in that scene, in order to derive some benefit from that style of practice. It all depends on one's intentions.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4480 by Jackson
Jake, yes. If there is a "heart" at the center of why I pick things apart so much, it's what you just stated :-)