Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Becoming a person

Becoming a person 24 Dec 2010 09:36 #824

So you are not necessarily better off by doing something; as Jackson notes, this is a skill being developed. And speaking as someone that has taken up guitar and meditation in my 40's, only to drop both right now because I have no time, I am acutely aware of my skills at both withering.

-tomo

It can be hard to find time for practice, man. I hear ya. Between working full-time and going to graduate school part-time, most of my weekday practice happens during the last 20 minutes of my lunch breaks, in an empty conference room. I try to squeeze in extra time on the weekend, while my wife sleeps in. I imagine that when I have kids one of these days it will be even more difficult to find the time.

Your schedule is probably crazier than mine, Tomo. But I encourage you to try and find the time. I know you've been practicing toward SE for a while now, and I'm excited to be able to celebrate this landmark when it arrives.

-Jackson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Becoming a person 24 Dec 2010 15:20 #825

I used to get up really early and go to work at 5:00 AM, then sit for a half hour or more in the freaking server room at the office. Since only I had the door lock combination at that time no one would ever interrupt me. Also, nice to say, the whining of the fans in the servers was a nice object to take in meditation. Then at night I'd find a private place in the house (a locking door is critical when you have kids and pets about), even if it was outside in the yard somewhere, and sit for another half hour. Airplane rides are great places to meditate. Empty offices.

Anywhere.

Just do it.

And you CAN do it, Tomo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds