Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: recovery time

recovery time 27 Nov 2014 13:27 #96366

In my practice I've noticed I've had times when meditation appeared to be more active and fruitful, followed often by an insight. Then there's a time after that, where things are once again a little more vague and back to normal, with the insight kept sort of in the back of the mind, figuring out how to slowly fill itself into your baseline state.

To me this has always been a confusing time where there is nothing really to do but lay in wait awash in ambiguity - the ambiguity of not choosing what you're looking for but also the ambiguity of having no feeling the meditation is happening, no trancelike thing to hold on to.

What are your guys' experiences with this rhythm? Of practicing and having obviously productive sits where something is happening, and then having an integration/rest period after that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge

recovery time 27 Nov 2014 14:16 #96367

Hm. For me, it tends more to be a matter of pleasant, unpleasant, and unremarkable sits, in no particular order (although I may go through a phase where any of these three descriptors could apply to lots of sits in a row).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol

recovery time 27 Nov 2014 15:35 #96370

There are cycles of progress through the nanas, like a wheel that turns and sometimes you are on the upswing and sometimes on the downswing. However regardless of that, you say:

femtosecond wrote:
Of practicing and having obviously productive sits where something is happening, and then having an integration/rest period after that.

You need to realize that something is always happening. Always. Your job is to notice that. By saying "this is productive" and "that is not productive" are judgements about what you think should be happening instead of simply being with what is right in front of your eyes. Notice that you are judging the "productivity" and then it will turn any sit into a productive one.

My 0.02 based on hard-won experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, shargrol, every3rdthought

recovery time 27 Nov 2014 18:41 #96373

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds