Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Meditation Workout

Meditation Workout 19 Feb 2015 09:33 #97741

Duncan and I have been doing a partner noting Meditation Workout over Skype everyday for almost a year. At first we hand timed each segment but now Duncan automated it with a Perl program. Over time it has evolved into a 36 minute exercise containing 10 different meditations. A MP3 file of our latest version is available along with a page of explanations. A bell and announcement starts each segment. This drill can be used for solo noting or partner noting or without any noting.. The Perl code is available if you want to tailor it to your own needs.

It has worked very well for both of us and been a significant tool for moving us further along the path. Maybe you will find it useful. Let me know your comments and suggestions..

The instructions can be found at www.dropbox.com/s/krtua8v78jo8ymq/Noting...nstructions.doc?dl=0. The MP3 file is at www.dropbox.com/s/s83x5f0auqns38l/Meditation%20Workout.mp3?dl=0
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Otvos, shargrol, Jake Yeager

Meditation Workout 19 Feb 2015 13:05 #97742

I like this. Thanks for sharing!

Can you clarify the last step, Binary noting using “that” or “not”?

Meditation Workout 19 Feb 2015 13:39 #97743

Using "that'" is pinging the phenomena without labeling it. For me, it is practice experiencing bare awareness of something. For example, I feel a sensation on my nose that I would normally note as ":itching". I note immediately with "that" and "itching" doesn't come up. It is just something that appears. "That" seems to cut off labeling as well as any mental proliferation. This doesn't work all the time but I am probably batting .600.

To be picky, "that" is a label of sorts. But, it isn't in another sense. It is placing my attention on something. When I do essence noting and am able to experience "openness", I don't even have to place my attention on anything; my mind is passive and clear. Hopefully you will get what I mean.

I believe that this adding on of "itching" is the start of selfing which is another subject altogether..
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds