If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ken Wilber & Climate Denial

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 03 Aug 2015 07:53 #99894

Ken Wilber a climate denier? Say it ain’t so

His entire body of theory, everything he has ever written or said, is built on one essential premise: the cosmos displays an inexorable process of evolution, from simple matter through lower to higher forms of life and through lower to higher forms of consciousness until it reaches an ultimate state comprised of highly enlightened beings living in unity with each other and in harmony with the Earth.

The problem is that the world’s climate scientists are saying things that directly contradict this utopian vision of spiritual progress.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake St. Onge

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 03 Aug 2015 09:00 #99896

Not surprising!

I remember him saying something along the lines that 'the Spiral has chosen G.W. Bush for this moment in history' i.e., Evolution needed G.W. to push evolution forward by smashing tribalism in the Middle East and replacing it with technocracy. Or something equally effed up. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, every3rdthought, Tina

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 04 Aug 2015 10:13 #99912

Anyone who has tried to articulate a thoroughgoing philosophy of history, or historicism, has ended up looking silly. Hegel comes to mind. No single individual, nor even a group, can expect to know the Truth. Ideas of this nature pass through my mind occasionally, and then pass right back out of it.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2015 10:13 by Laurel Carrington.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, every3rdthought, Tina, Jeff Wright

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 04 Aug 2015 10:35 #99913

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 04 Aug 2015 21:04 #99916

Oh dear. That's the one that all the girls are singing to the point of driving their parents up the wall. Glad I've got a boy. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 04 Aug 2015 21:25 #99917

Yes, and the permanent earworm for "let it go."

It's not any worse than that Barney purple dinosaur horror from decades ago, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

Ken Wilber & Climate Denial 05 Aug 2015 00:28 #99919

Yes, that did occur to me. I suffered through a few years of it, until one evening at a cub scouts meeting I heard the boys sing,

Joy to the world, Barney's dead!
We bar.....be cued.....his head!
Don't worry about the Bo-ody,
We stuffed it down the po--otty,
And round and round he goes,
And round and round he goes,
And ro-ound, and round, and round he goes!

That was the end. And with this post, I have truly enhanced the quality of dharma discussion on this forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, shargrol, Jake Yeager, Tina, Kirk
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds