The Unteatherd Soul (by Michael A. Singer)

More
3 years 2 months ago #113480 by Jackson
Hey Refugees,

Has anyone read The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer? I heard about it from someone I follow on Instagram. I'd never heard of him before. I'm about halfway through the book, and I actually find it to be very good. I guess he's had some association with Oprah somewhat recently, and I don't normally find that to be a good sign :silly: But this time, I think she picked a good one.

Looks like Singer has done some podcasts with Tami Simon of SoundsTrue ("Insights at the Edge").

I think I'm finding his work helpful because of where I'm at in my practice. I'm working with some releasing practices, and his work aligns with that style of teaching (yoga, etc.). Just wanted to pass this along, in case anyone needs something new to read.

From the book:
"When you get clear enough, you will realize that the real problem is that there is something inside you that can have a problem with almost anything."
"Don't let anything that happens in life be important enough that you're willing to close your heart over it."
"Of course it hurts when it comes up. It was stored with pain; it's going to release with pain."
"For instance, somebody says something, and you start to feel the energy get a little strange inside. You will actually start to feel a tightening. That is your cue that it's time to grow. It's not time to defend yourself, because you don't want the part of you that you would be defending. If you don't want it, let it go."
"When a blockage gets hit, it's a good thing. It's time to open up internally and release the blocked energy."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.