If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wormhole

Wormhole 20 Jun 2013 20:47 #12759

The three season science series "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" is great fun. All that curiousity and wonder-oriented kind of science, like dark matter, time and space, is the universe a giant living organism, black holes, and so on. Lots of good bits that resonate with direct experience, or with the propositions of various mythologies and spiritual teachings (even if they stick to a scientific vocabulary/framework) which I think makes it fun viewing for meditators. The scientists who are interviewed tend to be fairly eccentric, too, which is entertaining. I think it's a PBS series (watching it via iTunes/Apple TV).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Rod

Wormhole 20 Jun 2013 21:14 #12760

Thanks, Ona, I love this kind of stuff!

I found seasons 1 and 2 online for free. If anyone else is interested, here's the link: topdocumentaryfilms.com/through-the-wormhole/

I'm checking out the first episode (Is There a Creator?) right now. It's just fascinating how the minds of men & women come up with things like mathematical theories to substantiate the idea of intelligent design, whether one entertains that possibility, or not. Even if people can't buy into a creator God, they'd have to admit there is an intelligence inherent in life. Just think of how your own body functions without a controller running the show!

BTW, his narration is fantastic!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ona Kiser
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds