If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 15:21 #12912

I am wondering if anyone has read this book and has anything good or bad to say about it? Abre taught me some slightly different techniques today, when I get really stuck, that are based on the Bon techniques apparently discussed in this book.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 15:34 #12913

Hadn't seen this one, but have great respect for Tendzin Wangyal Rinpoche as straightforward and both modern-user-friendly and deeply informed old-school lineage holder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Otvos

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 16:36 #12914

Haven't checked that one out, but I have Awakening Your Sacred Body which talks about Tsa Lung, a practice I've enjoyed. I don't know what Bon is, so I don't know if that's related.

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 17:17 #12915

Bon is one of the schools of Tibetan Buddhism, but is regarded as pre-dating Buddhism, and more allied with the archaic shamanistic cultural streams. Namkhai Norbu holds dual lineages in Bon and Nyingma transmissions, if I remember right. TWR is maybe the best known proponent of straight-up Bon at the moment. Differentiating Bon from the rest of Tibetan Buddhism is a little arcane, aside from the fact that it is even less skewed toward monasticism than even the Nyingma, the least monastic of the other 5 schools.

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 17:27 #12916

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Kate.

Tom, it would be great to hear about these new techniques if you're up for it.

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 17:52 #12917

nadav wrote:
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Kate.

Tom, it would be great to hear about these new techniques if you're up for it.

They are the "three doors" of spaciousness, silence, and stillness (as opposed to those OTHER three doors in MCTB). They are essentially just different meditation objects as far as I am concerned, but to be honest, my curiosity was really piqued when this reference also has a section on Tsa Lung, about which I recall a really interesting and lively thread on KFD.

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 20:01 #12918

Tom Otvos wrote:
spaciousness, silence, and stillness

Yeah baby :)

Tibetan Yogas Of Body Speech And Mind 25 Jun 2013 20:35 #12919

I've done these practices with Abre before. Beautiful stuff!
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds