If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frithjof Schuon

Frithjof Schuon 29 Jun 2013 10:44 #13013

Came across this the other day: religioperennis.org/documents/cutsinger/prayer_fashions_man.pdf

I would highlight as I read, except the entire document would be highlighted so far. I am feeling rather blown away to read something that seems to fit so much with my own past and current practice tendencies. Fascinating to read a modern text that speaks so deeply to the importance of prayer, the role of prayer, the depths of contemplative experience, and human relationship to God. It strikes me as written from a deeply "awake" perspective, while valuing very highly the role of Religion, and of Western branches of Religion as much as Eastern. My current rabbit hole to explore...

And by coincidence, it turns out that in his old age, Schuon moved to Bloomington, Indiana, which is where I went to university. In fact he was living there while I was in college, though I had not heard of him then.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds