If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brian Eno on surrender in art and religion

Brian Eno on surrender in art and religion 05 Jul 2013 23:30 #13241

I like Eno a lot, particularly the four solo albums from Here Come The Warm Jets to Before and After Science; Ambient 4 (On Land); & his work with Bowie & with David Byrne/Talking Heads.

Some interesting quotes here, plus good commentary from the interviewer too (for me personally it's a shame about Eno's Dawkinsesque militant atheism but hey can't win em all) :

"I think surrender should be an active verb. We think of it as passive. I’m interested in the words active and passive – what if you think of it as action and passion. In other words, surrender is an active choice."

"The big message of gospel is that you don’t have to keep fighting the universe; you can stop and the universe is quite good to you. There is a loss of ego."

Brian Eno on surrender in art and religion
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colleayn, Rod

Brian Eno on surrender in art and religion 06 Jul 2013 06:13 #13242

Surrendering is/was always the hardest part for me. The actual act is not active to me but setting up the conditions for it is. Surrender is completely letting go and even trying to do that is still doing something. So active vs. passive may have another facet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, duane_eugene_miller, every3rdthought
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds