If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Daniel Ingram Nana Videos

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 07 Jul 2013 09:56 #13275

So, Daniel is taking a page out of Shinzen's playbook and putting up some hyper-geeky videos on his personal site, integrateddaniel.info/. Here are the first two:

Enjoy!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa, Laurel Carrington, Rod

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 07 Jul 2013 11:04 #13277

Awesome, thanks Tom!

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 07 Jul 2013 19:26 #13285

I watched these, and am beginning to think I've been spending some time in Dissolution.

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 07 Jul 2013 22:00 #13299

Which flavor of dissolution? Grumpy couch potato or cool lazy mellowness?

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 07 Jul 2013 22:04 #13300

Both and. I feel a nagging sense of dissatisfaction but am too chilled out to get really bothered about anything.

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 10:10 #13320

Thanks, I had seen one of those but not the other.

So does anyone else have this kind of detailed perception of the characteristics of the nanas? I don't seem to be aware at anything approaching that kind of technical level.

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 10:14 #13321

Eric wrote:
Thanks, I had seen one of those but not the other.

So does anyone else have this kind of detailed perception of the characteristics of the nanas? I don't seem to be aware at anything approaching that kind of technical level.

Honestly, I think Daniel is the only one. But he is a mad scientist and loves this stuff. This is why I think his book can do some people more harm than good. It is an account of one person's journey, and when others can't feel vibrations at 40Hz, they think they are doing it all wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ona Kiser, duane_eugene_miller, every3rdthought

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 11:40 #13325

Interesting, I actually think it's more common than just Daniel. Ron and Kenneth strike me as two folks that also see the nanas >very< clearly. Although I didn't have the same resolution/clarity, it does seem to show up generally like that in my experience.

40hz is only A&P! :)

I'll bet Daniel experiences the less strong versions of these nanas when he does experience them. The strong versions seem to be more related to the earlier paths. At least for me, while I can "locate" experiences in a nana, it's a fraction of the strength than it was in the past.

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 13:15 #13330

JMHO, but I have always suspected that the very few folks who claim to experience the nanas with Ingram's level precision are full of crap ;-)

In my experience most of that stuff is so subtle it gets missed or it's experienced at a level below a sensory threshold, or something like that. I have never been able to map my progress to that level of precision. Ever. And it doesn't seem to matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, every3rdthought

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 13:34 #13332

If anyone says that they experience the maps literally, litterally every step and sub-step, every sit, then I agree.

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 13:44 #13334

Agreed. Ingram claims to have done his detailed mapping by repeating cycles, over and over and over. That makes more sense to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

Daniel Ingram Nana Videos 08 Jul 2013 17:38 #13359

I know that this kind of thing is what Daniel does and does best, and I appreciate that, and heaven knows I'm incredibly grateful for MCTB and all his work, but I can't help thinking that it's because it produced this kind of analysis that the Abhidhamma came to be known as "a valley of dry bones."

In the DhO thread where Daniel was asking what people wanted to see in his video series my own question was a discussion about the relationship between enlightenment and 'the end of suffering' because I think that's why a lot of people start out (and why I'm still here and why my practice has changed when and in the ways it has) and to my mind that question often gets really lost in this kind of technical analysis, as if the ultimate aim of the exercise was to experience reality in the finest grain possible.

Still YMMV, and haven't had time to watch the videos yet so may be speaking out of turn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Marti, Kate Gowen
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds