If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Password change

Password change 19 Aug 2012 20:09 #7022

How do I change my password?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Password change 19 Aug 2012 20:23 #7025

If you click on your name in the line above that says "welcome, your name" then on the resulting page roll over the tab that says Profile (which is sort of upper left), a drop down menu will appear, and one of the choices is "Preferences"....

Re: Password change 19 Aug 2012 21:03 #7026

I get to preferences but then I can't find where to change the password

Re: Password change 19 Aug 2012 21:56 #7027

Ah, try the other choice on the same drop down menu: Edit Profile and Account Details or something like that.
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2012 21:57 by Ona Kiser. Reason: fix typo

Re: Password change 20 Aug 2012 16:19 #7031

Mouse over your Profile tab, then click on the tab called "Edit Profile & Account Details." Look down the left side of the resulting page - click on "Account Details."

You can edit your password there, Jack.
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2012 16:19 by Chris Marti.

Re: Password change 20 Aug 2012 19:58 #7037

Here - let's try again:

1.Click on your name at the top of a page in "Welcome, Your Name"
2. At the top of the next page, just to the right of the little "home" button, mouse over on the tab that says "Profile"
3. Move your mouse to the third item in the resulting menu list. This menu link says "Edit Profile and Account Details" - click on that item\
4. Look on the left side of the resulting page for a link that says "Account Details" -- click on that link
5. Edit your password by entering a new password twice, as requested by the form on the resulting page.
6. Click on the "Save" button

You now have a new password.

Re: Password change 21 Aug 2012 10:42 #7040

Thanks for the help. I finally got it. I consider myself technical savvy but I was having a heck of a time. Oh well, grist for the mill.

jack

Re: Password change 21 Aug 2012 20:12 #7044

Tech savvy does not equal interface savvy ;-)

Re: Password change 22 Aug 2012 10:36 #7048

Joomla always puts stuff in weird places though. Thats the nature of most over the counter CMS. It works well but it isn't always intuitive where they put certain things. It's like a whole bunch of programmers got together and made something that works really well but told the UI designers to screw off.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds