If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Registration confusing?

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 17:03 #10924

I've suggested the site to a couple friends and both have later emailed me with some confusion over whether they were now "in" or not. I'm not sure how to re-create this problem, but if someone registers, is there some kind of confirmation email or other feedback that lets them know they can now access the full site and what to do next (ie a sort of "welcome! please enjoy! you might want to start here!").
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 17:43 #10927

Actually I went and made a test user to see, and it does say "your registration is being reviewed, pending approval, after which you will receive a notification email" - so that seems pretty clear. I'd assume those usually go out with a day or so. Not sure why that's confusing people.

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 18:06 #10928

Ona, I personally approve and reply to anyone who applies for membership on AN and DFRC, letting them know they have been activated and approved to post. Then I ask them to stop by the welcome topic and introduce themselves. The last application for membership I've seen was Abre Chen's I have received nothing this week at all. You may want to ask your friends if they completed the process.

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 18:12 #10929

One said she just did it tonight (in the past couple hours), but she didn't notice the message about needing to wait for approval. Either she messed up the process, or that message might need to be larger/more obvious? It's not so common to have to wait for approval when registering for things, so people might not notice it.

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 18:17 #10930

So, I looked into the user manager and there are two new registration requests that I have not been notified of but were done just today. One is from someone with a first name of Elaine, who I assume is one of your friends, so if not please let me know. Another is your test user, Ona. I can approve Elaine if you can vouch for her in an e-mail to me, after which she'll get an e-mail from me with notification of acceptance.

EDIT -- I just now received an e-mail notification of your new test user, Ona. Nothing yet for the other request.
Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013 18:19 by Chris Marti.

Registration confusing? 10 Apr 2013 18:21 #10931

Just so you know, here's what the notification I get looks like:

Hello administrator,

A new user has registered at awakenetwork.org.
The user has verified his email, and requests that you approve his account.
This email contains their details:

Name : Test
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Username: Testing

You can activate the user by clicking on the link below:

Registration confusing? 11 Apr 2013 12:58 #10942

For those following at home, Chris, Ona, and I have worked through the messaging and so the registration process should be much clearer. If any of you have friends that remain baffled, please reach out to Chris or myself.

Registration confusing? 11 Apr 2013 13:41 #10946

Thanks for helping with that! World's most responsive tech support team ever!
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds