If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rearranged

Rearranged 08 Dec 2010 23:27 #495

I just rearranged the forum's sidebar. I moved the "Recent Posts" section to the top and deleted entirely the "Top Posters" section.

Comments?

Complaints?

Look at the sidebar to your right -- is there any other section we can dump? I like simple. I think it's better.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rearranged 15 Dec 2010 20:27 #496

I'd say get rid of "Forum Catagories" on the right, as it's just as accessible through the "Forum" link on the top. I don't think we need a separate list on every page.

Also, "forum admins" doesn't really seem to serve much purpose here, at least not at this point.

Just my 2 cents...

Rearranged 16 Dec 2010 00:57 #497

With that advice I de-emphasized the admins and the categories widgets. I didn't delete them, though.

Rearranged 16 Dec 2010 14:19 #498

Rearranged 24 Dec 2010 03:00 #499

Can you affect the top menu? I find that, as on every other site like this, I tend to bookmark the link that gives me the most recent posts. On this site, my link of choice is the on that lists all topics across all categories, where the system flags topics with new activity. I would rather use the recent posts page, but that seems to remove all formatting, which messes up quoting and stuff.

Rearranged 24 Dec 2010 15:13 #500

Yeah, I like do that kind of thing too but I don't think it's possible to change the top links here, dammit. There are some "hack your forum" topics here that I'll look into, Tomo.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds