If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: subscribe/unsubscribe to threads?

subscribe/unsubscribe to threads? 10 Jul 2012 06:52 #6711

Is there a way to set my preferences to "do not automatically subscribe me to email alerts for every goddam thread I post on; I will stop by and check the forum a couple times a day, and do not need more email everytime someone adds a reply for the rest of eternity. thank you" ?

KFD does this too, but other forums don't - sometimes there's a place to ask for a daily digest rather than up to the minute notifications?

I looked around in preferences/profile but couldn't find anything relevant.

Tips?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: subscribe/unsubscribe to threads? 10 Jul 2012 07:15 #6712

Ona, I believe there is a way to do that but I ned to look into it before committing to anything. I agree that a weekly digest, a daily digest, or nothing is better than an e-mail for every new comment. Hang in there, I'll get back to you.

Re: subscribe/unsubscribe to threads? 10 Jul 2012 07:17 #6713

Thanks. I can unsubscribe manually on a given thread using a button down near "reply" etc. but each time I post it will resubscribe me, so it will get out of hand when there's more activity and multiple forums.

Re: subscribe/unsubscribe to threads? 10 Jul 2012 12:34 #6718

I e-mailed Tom Otvos, and here's what he said, and did:

"There was also an admin setting that subscribed you to everything you posted so, per your comment, I have disabled that. Now, you should only get notified of things you explicitly subscribe to. Lastly, for you, Ona, I have removed your topic subscriptions from the database, so you should no longer get notified until you explicitly subscribe to something again."

I think that'll take care of the problem!

Thank you, Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ona Kiser
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds