If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Board Software

Help with Board Software 07 Feb 2013 16:03 #9061

Are there any help pages here about how to use the board software, quick starts, special features, FAQs, etc...?

Specifically, I'm confused about the differences between the Reply, Quick Reply, and the Reply Topic buttons.

Also, is there a threaded view of a conversation in a given discussion?

Finally, what does the Subscribe button do?

Thanks,
Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help with Board Software 07 Feb 2013 17:44 #9067

Hi, Andy. Rather then type it all in here I'm going to link you to the Kunena forum wiki, which contains answers to all your questions:

www.kunena.org/docs/A_basic_forum_help_page_for_beginners

Does that help?

PS: We turned off the karma system.
Last Edit: 07 Feb 2013 17:46 by Chris Marti.

Re: Help with Board Software 07 Feb 2013 18:18 #9070

"Quick Reply" is when you want to...uh...quickly reply to something without all the editing bells and whistles. Just a simple text box below the item you are replying to. I am not precisely sure on the "Reply" vs. "Reply Topic", but it probably maintains threaded conversations within the topic so that, if it were exposed, you would see indented conversations. Maybe I'll turn that on and see how it looks.

The "Subscribe" is an important one. When you post something, you can subscribe to the topic so that, when new stuff appears, you will get an email notification. Helpful if you don't spend your entire day on the board, but want to keep tabs on a conversation.

Re: Help with Board Software 07 Feb 2013 18:21 #9071

"Reply Topic"

This button functions the same as the 'Reply' button with the exception that your subject line will autofill with the subject of the original post (OP). This may come in handy if you replying to a long post whose subjects may have changed over time but you want to reply to the OP. When you are done replying, press the 'Submit' button.

Re: Help with Board Software 22 Feb 2013 08:29 #9291

Just as an FYI, the latest update to the board software allows you to view a topic in one of three modes: flat, indented, and threaded. There are buttons for each at the top and bottom of the topic. The way you reply affects how things are presented in non-flat versions, with (quick) reply causing an "indentation", whereas "reply topic" takes you to the outermost level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Marti
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds