If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: interesting article on lucid dreaming

interesting article on lucid dreaming 08 Feb 2015 11:53 #97587

"Some individuals have also reported that self-reflection is more pronounced in lucid dreams, which is why some scientists believe the phenomenon could be linked to metacognition, or thinking about thinking. However, no one had explored the relationships between lucid dreaming and thought monitoring at the neural level before, which is where the current study came in."

No wonder Buddhist practice of lucid dreaming includes exploring the waking state as if it, too, were a dream...

www.iflscience.com/brain/lucid-dreamers-...abilities-when-awake
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Marti, AugustLeo, Jake Yeager

interesting article on lucid dreaming 08 Feb 2015 12:22 #97590

When LD comes up it always reminds me about Dream yoga.
Has anyone on AN tried it?

interesting article on lucid dreaming 08 Feb 2015 12:42 #97593

Kate, lucid dreams have always appeared to me as ways my subconscious can speak to my conscious. They seem to be far more efficient and just better at revealing traits and beliefs that are hard to deal with consciously, or that engender extremely powerful, difficult reactions and emotions. Once exposed, the trait or belief can then be worked with more overtly - pretty much what that article is saying. Thx for posting it.
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2015 12:43 by Chris Marti.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds