If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NOW

NOW 05 Mar 2017 16:00 #106216

Hi Folks!
Just saying 'hello' and wishing all well in your experiences. :)
Been quite a while since I last posted here. This is a new 'Topic' and probably a little wasteful of me to start a new topic to say 'hello' but might drop some comments here from time to time.
Best wishes, Rod
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: every3rdthought

NOW 05 Mar 2017 16:14 #106217

Hey Rod! Long time. I hope you are well!
Last Edit: 05 Mar 2017 16:14 by Russell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rod

NOW 05 Mar 2017 16:19 #106218

Hey Russell! Yes going really well - as happy as one can be in an equanimous way :lol: How are you going? Hope its going well for you too :)

NOW 06 Mar 2017 15:23 #106232

Wow, nice to see you here, Rod. Don't be a stranger!

NOW 06 Mar 2017 18:36 #106234

Welcome back, I hope!

NOW 06 Mar 2017 21:01 #106235

Hello!

NOW 07 Mar 2017 21:27 #106240

Hi Chris,Tom and Nadav - great to connect again - will try to post more often (than once every couple of years! :lol: ) Practice has never stopped and is now dzogchen which resonates although a little hard to describe in words. :unsure:
Last Edit: 07 Mar 2017 21:29 by Rod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy

NOW 08 Mar 2017 11:06 #106249

Hey there, Rod. Good to hear from you again. Out of curiosity, how did you get involved with dzogchen? Was there much to unlearn for you?

NOW 09 Mar 2017 13:23 #106259

Hi Andy,
Thanks - well I found that as practice continued after 4th path, perception kept expanding intuitively letting go more and opening more. It took a couple of years of floating around in bliss for the flow to start moving again. I had been drawn to Mahamudra and Dzogchen inevitably came up - it resonated very much by explaining what I found to be unexplainable about experience and in a way 'validated' what I was experiencing (some patterns still play through - needing validation :) ).

So to your question about 'un-learning' - Theravada based pragmatic dharma still forms a wonderful basis.... from which to forget everything or remember everything/nothing... (at this point I could launch into a whole page on paradoxical statements that Dzogchen is replete with! :lol: ). I guess the solid 'work' done in the theravada practice keeps any ego intellectual patterns/ghosts from re-grouping when confounded by the utter emptiness, meaninglessness and yet richness of experience explored in dzogchen. Chogyam Rinpoche writes about the interrelatedness and importance of the different yanas on the path of awakening but he also acknowledges the potential within each to awaken completely as well - everyone is coming from a different position of delusion I guess - whatever resonates.
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2017 15:48 by Rod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy, every3rdthought, Mike

NOW 28 Jun 2017 16:33 #107107

ocean-photography-waves-water-light-warren-keelan-08.jpg
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2017 16:37 by Rod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy, Kacchapa
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds