If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Awakenetwork Participation

Awakenwtwork Participation 18 Sep 2018 13:45 #109924

I haven't been here recently because I haven't practiced in months, and don't much feel like talking about the few retreats I went on this year. Something about the Sakyong getting outed as a groper (not a surprise, but still heartbreaking all the same) just makes me wonder what we're doing here, and if there's actually any freedom to be sought in the practice, or if we're just slaves to our humanity but get better at dissociating from it.

That said, I have enjoyed AN as a smaller site to connect with a few key members. I came in post KFD, though. To me, it's like AN is a smaller, more connected sangha amidst the larger ones of the internet. Most of that is the respect I have for the group here, though, and this is the place said group congregates.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurel Carrington, Michael V, Ranger

Awakenwtwork Participation 02 Oct 2018 08:43 #109968

Something about the Sakyong getting outed as a groper (not a surprise, but still heartbreaking all the same) just makes me wonder what we're doing here, and if there's actually any freedom to be sought in the practice, or if we're just slaves to our humanity but get better at dissociating from it.

I can understand why one would wonder about this but... I think the message is that we are all human, regardless or maybe even in spite of our level of awakening. What we're doing here is trying to learn what that means at its deepest level. We should want to figure out what we are and how this marvelous human machinery works so that we can avoid being that kind of an asshole to others, learn from our mistakes, see ourselves in the most objective way possible and, through all of that process, find compassion and ways to be present and deeply human as often as we possibly can.

A mouthful, for sure, but a worthy goal never to lose sight of.
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2018 08:47 by Chris Marti.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa, matthew sexton, Michael V

Awakenwtwork Participation 21 Oct 2018 10:07 #110012

Looks like we're killing it here.

:P

Awakenwtwork Participation 21 Oct 2018 16:39 #110017

ha! :D
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds