If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 12:15 #12556

Since Andy mentioned it elsewhere, it made sense to spin this off into a separate topic because Russell and I have been chatting about it. He made the suggestion that we make up AwakeNetwork t-shirts for the BG conference. The sticking point is the lack of a logo, but personally, I think it would be totally fine to just use the two-tone script-y name that is on the site header. Then, we could have several variants of subtext, including:
  • discussing 21st century dharma practice
  • I am experiencing things at precisely the rate that I need to experience them, no more, no less.

Thoughts? Sources? Russell mentioned CafePress but I am not sure what Andy used.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 12:40 #12559

As we were discussing in Tom's thread. Anyone up for some AN t-shirts? Especially for those going to the BG conference? We need a logo, and I know this has been discussed before, but does anyone have time to do some mockups?

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 13:22 #12561

First stab. Man....it's all coming out very 'Apple'esque these days... and yes the 'awaken' (instead of just awake) was meant to be that way...

an.jpg
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 13:23 by Russell.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 14:06 #12562

I am a little reluctant to reopen the logo discussion, because while I know it can't be perfect, I think it requires careful thought that I can't afford right now. We did settle on what we have with some bit of voting, and some heavy-handedness on my part. I am mostly afraid for people to spend a bunch of their time on something that simply doesn't resonate with me.

All that said, there is a "je ne sais quoi" about what you have Russell that I kind of like. Yes, going Helvetica Neue is very Apple-esque...I think you have iOS 7 on the brain. But part of me likes jumping on that bandwagon before iOS comes out, for an extra bit of familiarity. I strong dislike your changing the "n" because it invites misspelling when said out loud as it begs "nn". And I really like the dot image, kind of a Helvetica Neue enso. Lastly, I am kind of partial to our current colours, and so I would revert to those, and then the enso would probably be in the blue. The grey would not show up particularly well on a grey shirt, for example so while the subtext colour can change, the core logo should probably be using "t-shirt safe" colours.

I know you said (privately) that you spent all of a minute on that. So if you wanted to invest another minute tweaking it...?

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 14:30 #12563

an2.jpg

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 14:39 #12565

Sorry...colors...

an3.jpg

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 15:25 #12568

I think the design ideas you have so far are great!

Sign me up for one, even though I'm not going to the BG conference!
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 15:27 by Tina. Reason: clarity

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 17:13 #12576

Cool. I personally prefer the enso to the volume knob, for what it's worth.

*EDIT*: Well, maybe not that particular enso, but I like the idea.
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 17:14 by nadav.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 17:34 #12577

I like the Enso version too but without the words underneath. Just the logo

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 17:52 #12578

This is all Tom's call, I am just screwing around in Adobe Illustrator. What about removing the ORG?

no-org.jpg
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 17:52 by Russell.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 18:07 #12579

You could use the enso as the "o" in network, in that case.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 19:40 #12581

Good idea

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 22:12 #12587

Thumbs up.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 13 Jun 2013 22:46 #12589

Colleayn wrote:
Thumbs up.

...to...?

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 00:30 #12590

Yes, two thumbs up. But put it on something shapely, for a woman. I don't want to schlep around in a men's XL, big boxcar of a shirt.
Picky, picky. I know. It's always been a pet peeve. Logo t-shirts are ALWAYS only in men's sizes. I'll buy the Marie Farlio version. Thank you very much.
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2013 00:34 by Colleayn.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 07:52 #12596

Colleayn wrote:
Yes, two thumbs up. But put it on something shapely, for a woman. I don't want to schlep around in a men's XL, big boxcar of a shirt.
Picky, picky. I know. It's always been a pet peeve. Logo t-shirts are ALWAYS only in men's sizes. I'll buy the Marie Farlio version. Thank you very much.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were offering a vote on one of the possible logos. I think we might be going with more of a self-serve approach for shirts where you can order your own from a given set of designs. Still early planning stages, though.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 09:27 #12602

Nadav's idea. I like this too.

no-org2.jpg

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 11:24 #12605

Russell wrote:
Nadav's idea. I like this too.

no-org2.jpg

+1

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 13:25 #12607

I'm seeing a lot of people add the on/off (O with a vertical "I" through the circle) in place of the letter o. Could be the (ugh) enso for the o in network and could be the on/off for the o in org.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 18:52 #12611

I like this design/form too. I would wear this anytime, anywhere......except at a bedding store :silly:
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2013 18:57 by Rod.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 14 Jun 2013 22:35 #12613

I got that. Made an attempt at B.S.ing with you.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 06 Aug 2013 17:19 #13964

As the conference is fast approaching, I realized that this ball had been dropped. Thanks to some quick footwork on Russell's part, I think we can get some shirts done for the conference, so I am now canvassing for explicit interest in a shirt. This will enable a bulk discount, plus spreading the shipping across multiple shirts, so it would be a saving to you. Of course, those not going can order a shirt for themselves, but right now I just want to know firm numbers for the conference. Here is the shirt as it stands:

www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=903857166

Now, this is just the men's shirt. We will do a ladies design as well. Honestly, I am not sure how the bulk discount works exactly when we are mixing and matching men's, ladies, and shirts of different sizes. Once I have numbers, and sizes, I can explore that. Please let me know ASAP.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 07 Aug 2013 08:06 #13972

Okay, I've changed my mind, Tom. I'm good for two, XL.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 07 Aug 2013 08:54 #13974

1 L for me.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt 07 Aug 2013 10:04 #13975

I will take a size large.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds