If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for a Saint to evoke

Looking for a Saint to evoke 29 Nov 2013 14:46 #17051

Hi!

So, I was thinking about doing some entity work; I'vemade a few experiments in the past they all led to some noticeble results (some good, some bad); I red alittledeathblog (thanks Ona), looking in the directory of saints and their charateristics, but I havent't quite found what I was looking for, wich is, basically, someone to just talk to, as in, someone who is not interfering and totally accepting, wich is, someone I can really talk about anything, being really myself and knowing that him/her will accept me regardless. Any suggestion?
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2013 14:50 by Mario Nistri.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for a Saint to evoke 29 Nov 2013 15:27 #17052

I think the tibetan Green Tara is a good fit for that, although not a saint per se
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2013 15:28 by Femtosecond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: every3rdthought

Looking for a Saint to evoke 29 Nov 2013 20:41 #17054

I'm not sure if you're wanting a particular tradition, but the figure who really fit that for me - completely accepting, compassionate and also feeling 'human' enough to be able to have that 'everyday' interaction with easily (i.e. not a figure who's initially like a 'big scary God') was Mary (Our Lady). You can also work with her different aspects at different times, and also see which aspects particularly gel with you, so I was working with her aspect as Our Lady of Sorrows in difficult times and Our Lady Star of the Sea at hopeful times.

ETA: I also think of Kwan Yin/Kannon?
Last Edit: 29 Nov 2013 20:43 by every3rdthought.

Looking for a Saint to evoke 30 Nov 2013 07:03 #17061

Mmm... not sure about buddhist deities; I find myself much more comfortablein a catholic context, because I was catholic until about 18 (live in Italy,don'tknow how things are abroad, but here we all have a strong conditioning in that sense, and I was really into it at the time). And yes, Jesus is slightly intimidating to me for talking purposes. Actually, however, it doesn't really even need to be a Saint necessarily, just some very benevolent being with human qualities will probably do it.

Looking for a Saint to evoke 30 Nov 2013 09:27 #17063

As a way to let a bit of "divine providence" play a role, you could always go into one of those Catholic stores, stand in front of the rack of little saints cards, close your eyes, and see which one your finger lands on. Or similarly get one of those books of saints from a library or bookstore, let it fall open to a random page, and go with that saint, etc. Or some similar "playful" process. Sometimes the one that shows up that way may not strike you as "the right one" but talking to them will lead to interesting discoveries and maybe solve the problem in unexpected ways. Just an idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Colleayn

Looking for a Saint to evoke 01 Dec 2013 10:31 #17099

Was walking around encountered a church and I felt compelled to come in; it was a nice experience, and the church was devoted to San Giovanni Bosco, wich was also the founder of the monastic order that was directing my hight school (the Salesians); I think I'm gonna take it as some kind of a sign and go with that...

Thanks to you all

Bye!
Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013 10:34 by Mario Nistri.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Ona Kiser

Looking for a Saint to evoke 01 Dec 2013 10:44 #17100

Since that Saint was higly present in my teen years, in a sense I have a lot of history with him; in particular, those years were the ones where I built up tons of repressed suffering in the school environment, wich incidentally was also the same suffering that led me to meditate; so, bottom line is, I have lots of mixed feelings in his regard, many not-so-plaesent associations when I think about him; do you think it's still a good idea to go there?

Looking for a Saint to evoke 01 Dec 2013 11:30 #17101

My idea of a "good idea" is likely to be very different than yours, so probably best if you make up your own mind, imo. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, every3rdthought
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds