If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: free online course: Buddhism and Modern Psychology

free online course: Buddhism and Modern Psychology 27 Feb 2014 08:14 #18742

Hi everyone,

although i still need to properly introduce myself to this group, i thought i'd post this anyway,
maybe simply as a big thank you for all i've learned from you by browsing various discussions on this forum:

I received a hint yesterday via a member of the American FB group "Against the stream buddhist meditation society"
to this free online course taught via Princeton University: https://www.coursera.org/course/psychbuddhism

I found the introduction text & video interesting and,
since upon some quick research i could not find anything negative about the site,
i registered to join the course, which starts March 20th and is 6 weeks long.

I also crossposted this to one other FB dharma group, which already generated another 25 participants.
I can imagine well prepared material will be provided & possible useful discussions coming up in the forum group attached to that course.

One can simply register to that site/course for free by giving them a working e-mail address and (user) name.

Please feel free to forward this post wherever you like, have a nice day, and happy practicing ;-)
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2014 08:51 by E. Köln.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Ona Kiser, Andy, Tina

free online course: Buddhism and Modern Psychology 27 Feb 2014 09:36 #18744

Welcome to Awake Network and thanks for this post!

I've taken several Coursera courses in the past, and have been very pleased with both the high quality of the content and with the stability and features of the platform. The last class I took had over 30,000 students in it!

Check out the upcoming courses

In general, it's free to take courses, and you can add or drop after a course starts. Most will have an intro video, so you don't have to sign up to see what the course is like.

Has anyone else here taken Coursera courses?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds