If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KFD Site

KFD Site 12 Mar 2014 15:35 #18929

There is a notice on that site that they are closing down and moving to awake network. I assume they are not merging with this site. Where are they?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

KFD Site 12 Mar 2014 15:59 #18930

Yes, all of the content over there and the old Wetpaint forums will eventually be moved over here. Kenneth has suggested that his forum users post here now.

KFD Site 12 Mar 2014 16:14 #18931

Kenneth would also like us to not have a "Kenneth Folk Dharma" section here, but rather just have people be a part of the DFRC group (or any other groups we may set up). Since many of the people "there" are now "here", that doesn't really present any problems, as I see it.

KFD Site 12 Mar 2014 16:21 #18932

I hope this is a new opportunity for... schism!!! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ona Kiser, every3rdthought, Rod

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 08:13 #18933

This is reverse-schism. Deal with it :P
Last Edit: 13 Mar 2014 08:14 by Chris Marti.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Tina

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 10:19 #18934

The great UNION of 2014!!

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 10:41 #18935

shargrol wrote:

Some men just want to see the world burn . . . :evil:

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 10:54 #18936

Laurel Carrington wrote:
shargrol wrote:

Some men just want to see the world burn . . . :evil:

Know Your Meme
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 12:15 #18937

Thanks I need all the cultural-context help I can get! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser

KFD Site 13 Mar 2014 16:48 #18938

I'm looking forward to this. The more the merrier! Plus getting the old material back--priceless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

KFD Site 14 Mar 2014 08:43 #18940

shargrol wrote:

If you want, I can create a group all to yourself, and you can chat away to your heart's content.

KFD Site 14 Mar 2014 08:58 #18941

I think it may already exist. I seem to be the main poster in the drunk posts thread... :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Jake St. Onge, Ona Kiser, Laurel Carrington

KFD Site 18 Mar 2014 13:54 #18989

Russell wrote:
Yes, all of the content over there and the old Wetpaint forums will eventually be moved over here. Kenneth has suggested that his forum users post here now.
Tom Otvos wrote:
Kenneth would also like us to not have a "Kenneth Folk Dharma" section here, but rather just have people be a part of the DFRC group (or any other groups we may set up). Since many of the people "there" are now "here", that doesn't really present any problems, as I see it.

Will Kenneth be posting here regularly, offering his unique insights into practice? I have to admit that I miss his postings, not only about the practices of others, but also about his own practice and perspective. I still think he's one of the best online practice facilitators, his clarity and honesty is much appreciated.

AugustLeo

KFD Site 18 Mar 2014 14:10 #18990

AugustLeo wrote:
Will Kenneth be posting here regularly, offering his unique insights into practice? I have to admit that I miss his postings, not only about the practices of others, but also about his own practice and perspective. I still think he's one of the best online practice facilitators, his clarity and honesty is much appreciated.

I cannot speak for Kenneth directly, but strongly suspect that he would not. He has a lot on his plate, and forum-based guidance is not currently where his head is at.

KFD Site 18 Mar 2014 19:11 #18993

I hope that his 3 Gears and Detailed Noting list are still available somewhere on the internet. I refer people to them a lot.

KFD Site 18 Mar 2014 23:18 #18994

You can find all of Kenneth's teaching material on his web site: kennethfolkdharma.com. The only thing being disembedded ;) is the forum.
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2014 23:18 by Tom Otvos.

KFD Site 19 Apr 2014 02:04 #19304

It appears that Kenneth's site has been updated with a link to this thread as well as a link to the public chapters of Contemplative Fitness, the online book I helped him put together.

To anyone arriving here from Kenneth Folk Dharma, welcome.
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2014 02:06 by nadav.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirk, Jim

KFD Site 19 Apr 2014 22:26 #19311

Glad you mentioned the book contemplativefitnessbook.com/ This is a great resource. Thanks!
Are there more chapters to come than the public ones?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

KFD Site 19 Apr 2014 22:49 #19312

Mark, there is more material in various stages of completion, but I don't know how Kenneth plans to proceed. I haven't spoken to him about it in a few months, but as far as I know all of his focus these days is going to the meditation app that he's working on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa

KFD Site 19 Apr 2014 22:57 #19313

That's interesting!

KFD Site 20 Apr 2014 17:51 #19321

Kacchapa wrote:
Glad you mentioned the book contemplativefitnessbook.com/ This is a great resource. Thanks!
Are there more chapters to come than the public ones?

Thanks for posting the link--I just read through it, and of course now I'm dying to see the rest of it. Nadav, what is this app that is taking Kenneth's attention now?

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 16:12 #92180

I am very happy to announce that the original Wetpaint KFD site is now available, in archival form, on AwakeNetwork. You can find it here:

awakenetwork.org/forum/kfd-archive/

I would like to give out HUGE props to Andy, for doing the grunt work of converting the HTML archives into a consumable form that I could then write code around and actually perform the import. Please note that while the site discussions should be there in their entirety, there are some issues that I have not (yet) addressed because of time:

1. All topic owners are static in the sense that, if they happen to map to a user here, that mapping was not done.
  2. Cross-links between topics are broken. I have not figured out how to link/translate a Wetpaint URL back into AN one.
  3. There are some Unicode burps, including the frequently-occurring ├▒ana. On my next pass of the import, I will for sure clean that up.
  4. Quoting looks pretty lame. Fixing that would require another pass by Andy, which may or may not be possible.

The archive is read-only, but I encourage you to read over your old threads for some fun flashbacks, plus to ensure that they came in ok. If you see any big issues, please let me know. Enjoy!
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 16:31 by Tom Otvos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Andy, Tina, Kirk, Antero

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 16:14 #92181

Wahhoohoo! Good job guys. This will be very valuable for many, many people!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 16:15 #92182

Excellent work - to everyone involved!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 16:46 by Chris Marti.

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 16:22 #92183

Nice work guys!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds