If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KFD Site

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 17:05 #92184

PS - if you link up old posters's names from there with current posters' names here, we risk having to re-visit all the ridiculous stuff we posted years ago. :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 17:21 #92185

Ona Kiser wrote:
PS - if you link up old posters's names from there with current posters' names here, we risk having to re-visit all the ridiculous stuff we posted years ago. :D

Indeed, that may be the pain involved with enabling people to see their archived topics in "My Topics".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 18:06 #92186

It's so great to be able to read this again! Thanks guys! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 18:57 #92187

55 pages of threads, awesome! Thanks!!

KFD Site 07 Jul 2014 18:59 #92188

Oooh, I think I discovered my answer. One of my old practice threads was "fast or slow, untangling the knot". The answer is SLOW! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser, every3rdthought, Tina

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 04:58 #92189

This is great. Thank you!

Why is it read only? Technical reasons?

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 07:58 #92190

Pejn wrote:
This is great. Thank you!

Why is it read only? Technical reasons?

Interesting question. No, there is no technical reason. It was just decided somewhere along the planning with Kenneth and now, in retrospect, I am not sure what the motivation was. Obviously, a lot of the people on the threads are not here but if you *are* here, should you be prevented from carrying on? There is something to be said for keeping it pristine as a "historical archive", but...

Thoughts?

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 08:30 #92191

There's nothing more fun than resurrecting a thread from 2010. I say unless there's some reason it wouldn't be suitable, it would be fun to leave them open. Of course an alternative is if someone sees an interesting theme there, they can start a thread on the subject in this part of the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 08:34 #92192

I was the one that talked to Kenneth Folk about the old KFD threads. Tom is a carrying out Kenneth's wishes by not allowing comments and Kenneth did not want them left open for more conversation. They are from his message board and he wanted them available like they now are, in safe and more permanent place, but he did not want to have to manage them or worry about a set of active message boards bearing his name. Kenneth is very busy with a lot of new things and he doesn't feel he has the time to do the message board "thing" again. I think it's a good call, frankly, as Kenneth views AN as the inheritor of the KFD conversations.
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2014 08:36 by Chris Marti.

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 08:42 #92193

Ona Kiser wrote:
Of course an alternative is if someone sees an interesting theme there, they can start a thread on the subject in this part of the forum.

And since the old thread is here now too, linking to it in the new thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 09:55 #92195

I'm a little late to the party, but I want to thank Tom for all the work he did to get the KFD threads integrated into AwakeNetwork.

Well done, Tom, well done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Kacchapa, Tina

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 16:07 #92196

Please note that, while I had originally made the KFD archive a members-only thing, it is now open for public viewing as the original KFD was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen

KFD Site 08 Jul 2014 17:14 #92197

Who knew memory lane was so long! :lol:

KFD Site 10 Jul 2014 11:17 #94408

I am pleased to report that the "second generation" KFD discussions once Wetpaint was shut down have now been imported as well. Right now, they live in a subcategory ("V2") of the main archive, but I may play around with that a bit. As with the other import, some of the formatting is kind of wonky, but quoting actually looks a bit better.

awakenetwork.org/forum/kfd-archive-v2
Last Edit: 10 Jul 2014 11:18 by Tom Otvos. Reason: Added link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Marti, Kate Gowen, Ona Kiser, Andy, Tina, Antero

KFD Site 10 Jul 2014 11:25 #94410

A hearty "thank you" again, Tom, for preserving our collective online history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kacchapa, Tina

KFD Site 10 Jul 2014 13:43 #94411

Thanks a lot guys!

KFD Site 22 Jul 2014 07:50 #94533

Really sorry that it took me so long to say thank you. But really, thank you. What you've done here is priceless. It is wonderful to reconnect with the old threads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina

KFD Site 30 Jul 2014 12:23 #94657

jackhat1 wrote:
I hope that his 3 Gears and Detailed Noting list are still available somewhere on the internet. I refer people to them a lot.

I can't seem to find Kenneth's Detailed Noting list anyplace on his site or in his new book. Does anyone know where it can be found?

KFD Site 30 Jul 2014 13:49 #94659

jackhat1 wrote:
jackhat1 wrote:
I hope that his 3 Gears and Detailed Noting list are still available somewhere on the internet. I refer people to them a lot.

I can't seem to find Kenneth's Detailed Noting list anyplace on his site or in his new book. Does anyone know where it can be found?

This? contemplativefitnessbook.com/book-three-...quick-start-guide-2/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, jackhat1
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds