If this site provides value to you and your practice, please consider donating a small amount to help with the hosting fees.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Roll Call

Roll Call 19 Jun 2014 19:39 #20126

Shargrol here, hi everyone!

(this is an attempt at getting folks that don't post much to say hi. Don't fall for this subtle trick unless you want to! :) )
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, Tina

Roll Call 19 Jun 2014 20:40 #20127

There was one time a couple years ago where I think I guilted you I to posting more. Now I hardly post. I don't have much to say in my own log but maybe this will get me to at least attempt to write something.

Or not.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Tina

Roll Call 19 Jun 2014 20:47 #20128

I'm "here" on a flitting basis, preoccupied with other things, mostly. Have been reading a couple of interesting things most recently, and intended to post about them, but have been doing some travel and I don't carry a laptop, nor am I very competent on smaller devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Tina

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 07:18 #20131

:woohoo:

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 08:05 #20132

Here! :silly:

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 12:41 #20138

I'm here most of the time, although I do occasionally take weekends off.

I'm not exactly sure why I stopped journaling. Initially, I started noticing that whatever was my "flavor of the day" would change in fairly short order. So, I'd wait before writing. Then, the next flavor would change, and I'd wait, then the next flavor and I'd wait, etc. I've been waiting a long time for things to settle down. There a lesson here... :)

I went through two noticeably big openings in Feb/Mar of this year and changes followed. That's mostly settled down, and I'm working through another round of integration. I seem to be in yet another reactive phase, all embedded and grouchy. It's amazing all the junk that repeatedly bubbles up, giving me chance after chance to be present for it. The current work is to pay attention to fear and resistance and notice where things stick.

Sometimes there's pristine clarity, and other times it's all a big, cloudy, whirling mass o' stuff . If I'm really lucky, it's pristine clarity of the big, cloudy, whirling mass o' stuff.

Oh, hey! I'll be in France for ten days. Based on the string quartet he wrote, my son got the summer scholarship to the EAMA school in Paris. So, starting June 24th, we're taking a family vacation before leaving him to his studies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Ona Kiser, Tina

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 15:29 #20139

I was exchanging emails with someone yesterday who tossed something into the tip jar, but I had no idea who this person was. The consummate lurker, it turns out! They did suggest that they might start posting, but that the site provided value as is. Maybe today is the day!

For myself, I have been having immense computer hardware issues, and lots of outside commitments. But I am leaving for California tomorrow, and expect a major boost in my practice momentum as well as site participation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 15:59 #20140

I wish they would!!!!!!!!! I often come here and there are no new topics or replies. But maybe it would just be extra and wouldn't enhance the journey on my path but just distract me with extras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Tina, Lost and Found

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 17:28 #20143

(as goaded by Tom) Here goes.

Hello All,

Old time poster, long time lurker. I harken back to days of DhOv1 pre the DhO/KFD split. I remember people like Chris, Florian, Vince Horn, Tarin, Hokai, Jackson, Nadav....man memory lane.

[This is my third attempt at a post two previous were deleted/comp died, so] I'll keep it short.

I was AndruP on DhO, Seekr on KFD. Kenneth and Beth have been indispensable to practice. However, so have these forums, so please continue. I find value in them and I'm sure countless people do as well, even if they don't post.

I'm planning on going on retreat for the next couple of days, and if that doesn't happen (complicated family situation), then (since I took off work anyway) I'm planning on sitting at home.

Keep up the good work and it's nice to see everyone here.

Andrew
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2014 13:53 by Andrew P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Otvos, Kate Gowen, shargrol, Ona Kiser, Kacchapa, Tina

Roll Call 20 Jun 2014 17:53 #20144

I was a dedicated log poster and have met a few of you at BG Conference last year and turned lurker this year. Still lurking, doing daily practice and occasionally logging and tipping the jar.

Why? well I guess the log explains it in more detail, but major life changes as a result of spiritual transformation are underway, don't know how its going to turn out and its hard to describe without dropping into paradoxical ramble.
Anyway, its a great site and has been very helpful to me and thank you Tom for keeping it running!
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2014 17:54 by Rod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Kacchapa, Tina

Roll Call 21 Jun 2014 00:08 #20151

Andrew P wrote:
Seekr on KFD.

Hey Andrew, I remember you from KFD. Great to see you here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol

Roll Call 21 Jun 2014 01:48 #20153

Hi everybody ("Hi Dr Nick!") I am going to do a practice update sometime soon. Combination of a place in my practice where I don't feel motivated to write updates, and having been really really busy for a while... But yanno I'll drop comments in occasionally elsewhere so y'all don't miss me too much :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Kacchapa, Tina

Roll Call 21 Jun 2014 13:56 #20165

nadav wrote:
Andrew P wrote:
Seekr on KFD.

Hey Andrew, I remember you from KFD. Great to see you here.

Hi Nadav,

Thanks for the kind word.

Feels like the ol' band's back together. Although, it's more like the band's been playing for some time, and I just now found out.

Good to see everyone. Who knows, when I come back from retreat maybe I'll start a practice log.

Metta
Andrew
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2014 16:00 by Andrew P. Reason: wording
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Ona Kiser, nadav, Kacchapa

Roll Call 21 Jun 2014 15:03 #20166

Very busy lately, nice to catch up and hear new voices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Tina, Rod

Roll Call 21 Jun 2014 17:55 #20169

Hi guys!

I like to visit this site from time to time. Lots of great gems here. I hope I will start a new practice log soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, Ona Kiser, Kacchapa, Tina

Roll Call 23 Jun 2014 08:17 #20197

Hi

still mainly on the DhO in its current form. Moved home beginning of this year, settling in.

Good to know you're all safely hidden away here, but I know my Dharma Friends are a migratory species, so I'll have to keep an eye on you nevertheless.

Cheers,
Florian

Roll Call 23 Jun 2014 09:00 #20198

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I posted anything but I still lurk semi-frequently. Hope you are all doing well. Many prostrations to members old and new :)

A reintroduction or current state of being if you like: For the past year I've focused most of my dharmic passions toward the Buddhist Geeks Online Community. This has included participating in and hosting a wide variety of video conferences for anything from silent meditation sessions to live broadcasted recurring panel discussions. I've been working with Hokai Sobol via Skype since late summer or fall last year, which has been my first experience with any sort of "formal" (using that very loosely) guidance outside of peer coaching. As you may imagine, practice has become pretty interesting lately :)

Aside from all that my wife and daughters are well. I am going back to school full time in the fall, focusing on International/Global Studies. Twists and turns, ups and downs, bumps and bruises ... etc.. :-D

Best
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2014 09:03 by duane_eugene_miller. Reason: Bumped the wrong button :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol, every3rdthought, Tina

Roll Call 23 Jun 2014 16:59 #20206

Cool, I was teaching undergrads in international/global studies for a some years and my own undergrad is in that area too. Best of luck with your new endeavour!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, duane_eugene_miller

Roll Call 23 Jun 2014 17:33 #20208

Here! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Rod

Roll Call 24 Jun 2014 08:40 #20224

Yep, here..
Reading frequently and writing very infrequently.
Almost never feel I have something to contribute with.

Roll Call 26 Jun 2014 17:04 #20260

I've had a crazy last few months, and my practice has fallen off a bit. But I've just finished a bunch of work and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, lurking/posting included.

Roll Call 27 Jun 2014 07:08 #20264

Roll call, shabooyah, sha sha shabooyah.

My name is Dan, yeah

I like to lurk, yeah

I'll check AN, yeah

While i'm at work! Yeah

Roll call Shabooyah, sha sha shabooyah

(sorry couldn't help it)
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2014 07:08 by Dan. Reason: link not working
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol, Laurel Carrington, Tina

Roll Call 27 Jun 2014 07:34 #20265

Oh, that's going to be in my head all day! :D

Roll Call 27 Jun 2014 09:23 #20266

Hey there, alive and kicking. Practice is going strong, currently aiming for 2 hours a day meditating and 24 hours a day keeping words, actions and thoughts under control :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargrol

Roll Call 30 Jun 2014 09:50 #20294

Hi all,
I have not been around for a few months as I'm at a retreat venue in France without access to the internet. At a cafe now with wifi access.

Back to the UK in a few weeks so will be able to check what's been happening at AN and maybe respond to this or that and even write an entry for my own journal/log.

Like an old friend, I think of you kindly and although we do not get in touch much I still appreciate you being here.

Cheers

Colin :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate Gowen, shargrol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds