What happened to contemplativefitnessbook.com ???

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #99141 by DreamWalker
What happened to - contemplativefitnessbook.com
I linked to that often on the Dho and now it is all broken
Is there a copy I can link to?
Can I post relevant portions onto the Dho/Awake Network for discussion?
Thanks,
~D
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by DreamWalker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #99142 by Noah
I second the interest in this. I've searched for it periodically but haven't actually been able to find it for almost a year.

More
8 years 9 months ago #99184 by Kenneth Folk
I lost access to the contemplativefitnessbook.com domain when I attempted to transfer it to a new registrar a few months ago. It's probably fixable, and it's on my infinite to-do list, but I can't say when I'll get it fixed. Part of the delay in getting the website back up to speed is my ambivalence about whether to continue making the draft available; it is, after all, a work in progress, and was never intended to stay up forever. I apologize for the inconvenience, especially where you have linked to it and the links are now broken. Meanwhile, I should probably take down the broken link on my own website that points to it... :blush:

More
8 years 9 months ago #99231 by DreamWalker
I liked it so much I made a copy. I think the EQ portion is one of the best and recommend it to many.
Can I post relevant portions onto the Dho/Awake Network for discussion?
Thanks,
~D

More
8 years 9 months ago #99232 by Tom Otvos
One option if you would like to exercise it, is to put up chapters here in the "Read" section. It is essentially a Wordpress sub-site on AN. You would not have the domain reference, of course, but at least the content would be there as a work-in-progress. Let me know if you want help to make that happen.

-- tomo

More
8 years 9 months ago #99237 by Kenneth Folk
Thanks for making a copy, Dreamwalker. Yes, welcome to post relevant portions here or on DhO. I just ask that you label it as a work in progress.

Tom, I'm also interested in your suggestion to post chapters here in the Read section as work in progress, given that Dreamwalker seems to have the most up-to-date copy.

More
8 years 9 months ago #99238 by DreamWalker

Kenneth Folk wrote: Thanks for making a copy, Dreamwalker. Yes, welcome to post relevant portions here or on DhO. I just ask that you label it as a work in progress.

Tom, I'm also interested in your suggestion to post chapters here in the Read section as work in progress, given that Dreamwalker seems to have the most up-to-date copy.

Thanks for sharing Kenneth

I shared the document to Tom to post.
Cool...now I can go fix all the links....soon
~D

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #99455 by Vaclav
Any updates here? Eager to continue reading :) v.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Vaclav.

More
8 years 8 months ago #99460 by Derek
I managed to rescue some of it from the Internet Archive. Kenneth, let me know if you'd like me to delete the post I made.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #99464 by Tom Otvos
So the current status is that, when I was about to upload onto here, we found that it may in fact be rescued from the existing host. The book is actually there and it is just the domain resolution that is messed up. Progress imminent...

-- tomo
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Tom Otvos.

More
8 years 8 months ago #99465 by Vaclav
I actually had to add it to /etc/hosts, since the IP address has multiple virtual hosts; when accessed by IP directly without sending the Host header, the default webpage (with admin links ets) is served. Big thanks. And even more thanks to Kenneth for providing the draft. v.

More
8 years 8 months ago #99469 by Derek
Thanks, Vaclav. I downloaded the entire website and emailed Kenneth to let him know.

More
8 years 8 months ago #99476 by Tom Otvos
And the final word is that the domain settings have been fixed up so everyone should now be able to access the site again. Vaclav and Derek, please confirm that when you undo your hosts file change it still works (it should).

-- tomo

More
8 years 8 months ago #99477 by Vaclav
@Tom: confirming, DNS queries return the correct IP now. Thanks!

More
8 years 8 months ago #99479 by Kenneth Folk
Ha! Fantastic. Thanks for fixing it, Tom. :cheer:

More
8 years 8 months ago #99480 by Doug
That's really great stuff.
I hope it is still being developed!

More
8 years 8 months ago #99482 by Derek

Tom Otvos wrote: Derek, please confirm that when you undo your hosts file change it still works (it should).

Yes, it works, thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago #103912 by Vaclav
The site has been "down" (wordpress login redirect) since a month or more, is that intention or omission? I like referring people to it for its clarity. If it is expired domain registration, i gladly propose to sponsor the DNS.

More
7 years 8 months ago #103914 by nadav
The site is down intentionally. I don't want to speak for Kenneth, so I'll let him give more detail if he wants.

More
7 years 7 months ago #104061 by DreamWalker

nadav wrote: The site is down intentionally. I don't want to speak for Kenneth, so I'll let him give more detail if he wants.

Kenneth Folk wrote: ...Tom, I'm also interested in your suggestion to post chapters here in the Read section as work in progress...

Any chance of this happening?
Thanks,
~D

Moderators: Kenneth Folk