Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone have experience with this?

Anyone have experience with this? 09 Sep 2015 08:43 #100362

I've been working on stream-entry and am having experiences that don't quite seem to line up with the traditional nanas. Specifically, I see brief but vivid images and scenes when my noting is really good. They are very much like hypnagogic images, but I am wide awake.

For example, one I remember is the image of someone climbing a beanstalk towards the sun. Another is a woman with white hair who is trying to say something to me. These images are very brief, maybe a fraction of a second. They vanish as soon as I note them, only to be replaced by another.

I often have neck pain during these times, which along with the quickly vanishing images makes me think 3C's, but I can't seem to find any info on these types of experiences.

I am pre-path. I crossed the A&P in the winter of 2012.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone have experience with this? 09 Sep 2015 20:00 #100369

Vivid images like those you describe happen across a wide swath of ñanas, Eric, so I don't think they can be used as diagnostic criteria for mapping. As you say, they happen when your noting is especially good, which suggests that they may be a function of concentration more than anything else. It's interesting to notice, though, that we often interpret these quicky-visions in a way that is consistent with the current ñana. For example, if I have vivid images during the fear ñana, I'll find them scary; if I have them during the arising and passing phase, I'll find them inspirational, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric

Anyone have experience with this? 10 Sep 2015 08:37 #100381

I also have seen frightening images in the past, when I was dark nighting pretty hard. I didn't realize that I was "on the ride," though, so unfortunately I did not pay too much attention to them.

It's good to know that these experiences are not unique to me :)

Anyone have experience with this? 10 Sep 2015 19:34 #100397

What you describe is familiar to me as well. I get them of varying vividness. I often get images of text, distorted morphing faces, cars, landscapes or whatever. Seemingly random stuff to me. Sometimes white or black flashes occur as well.

I don't get this stuff EVERY sit but usually at least several sits a month if I sit long enough. I've been meditating for three years but have no idea on any stage specific nature of them.
Moderators: Kenneth Folk
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds