Noting Aloud with Open Eyes Kasina (videos)

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #114953 by Dusko
I remember back in the days I wanted to do Noting Aloud I looked for some videos for inspiration and found none. Well, I did find Kenneth Folk’s videos but I wanted to see more examples. Hence me making a few videos of how I do it and how the speed can change and how absorption’s can develop etc … 

Note that I reinforce my noting with open eyes Kasina for extra juicing the vipassana with concentration. 

I will start with this one video and later upload some more

May it be of benefit to some! 
May all beings be free from suffering, may all beings awaken, may all beings be happy! 

Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Dusko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #114958 by Kacchapa
"Note that I reinforce my noting with open eyes Kasina for extra juicing the vipassana with concentration. "

I like to do that too!  

More
1 week 2 days ago #114961 by Dusko
Nice! How would you describe your experience with the visual field at times? Any interesting stuff there? 

More
1 week 2 days ago #114970 by Kacchapa
Thanks for asking, that's one of my favorites. When I get a chance I'll reply. How about you?

More
1 week 2 days ago #114971 by Dusko
Pre cessation not much would happen; in DN there was a dark grey doughnut shaped cloud coming out of the floor and then vanishing again and again …

In high EQ I would see small black and white frames, like doors, appear and disappear all over the image space.

Now post cessation there was a lot happening in the image space. I have those logs on DhO. 
If I remember correctly most of the interesting visuals would be in 3rd Jhana. The whole room would become dark in the day time with eyes open (actually this could be another Jhana maybe, not a master sorry). 

Often the center would be a purple haze nimitta surrounded by black lava lamp wax blobs trying to penetrate the center. But they never can. 

After this everything would just flat out into a whole image with those small frames appearing here and there. Stuff would not brighten up as in 2nd Jhana but would be light greyish hue to it all. 

I haven’t practice noting with open eyes Kasina in a while so all this is from distant memory. 

I do have one video I did after a 45 minute session which was very much absorbed. There I note aloud about what is happening. I will post that one tonight. 

More
1 week 2 days ago #114972 by Dusko
Here is the video with strong absorption while noting and open eye kasina at the same time. I did a session 45 minutes long and got inspired to make video afterwards but snapped out of the absorption to set the camera of course. It took about 4 minutes into the video to get to the point of the Kasina dot vanishing and dark lava lamp blobs arising, I called these "murk" in this video. Purple haze nimitta also came about. 

More
1 week 2 days ago #114973 by Dusko
Here is one with lots of Unpleasant, uncertainty and heavy feeling

More
1 week 2 days ago #114974 by Dusko
This sit was likely 3 C's Nana when noting/noticing speeds up and the body had many twitches (Kriyas). During such speedy mind states the noting voice becomes very mumbling. 

More
1 week 1 day ago #114975 by Dusko
This is the last one I promise :) :D 

More
1 week 1 day ago #114978 by Tom Otvos
This looks interesting, and I do plan to watch them. But for those following along at home, can you please describe what "open eyes kasina" means? I cannot seem to parse that. Isn't all kasina practice with open eyes so that you can see the kasina? And what are you using for a kasina?

-- tomo

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 13 hours ago #114980 by Dusko
Its more like an "open eyes, as in no closed eyes at all, looking at a small dirt spot (any spot that's there) on the floor/wall" :D We can take the word "kasina" out as its not a round colored circle/disc used in meditation.

The usual Kasina, as far as I understand, is a round colored disc and one looks at it, and then after a few minutes or so one closes the eyes and looks at the after-image (mind image) and observes how that is changing. Same as Fire Kasina.

In my case, I do not close my eyes ever (eyes naturally blink of course). The eyes are open and "seeing/seen" is included in the freestyle noting aloud.

Besides the dirt spot on a floor or wall, I also use the round-ish curves/shapes on the wooden floors. Not sure how you call them in English?
I do choose one which "feels right" and I place the chair so my body is in a straight line with it. The dirt spot is always lower than the eyes and is about 1,5-2 meters away from where I sit. Approximately of course. Im not obsessive about this :D 

I hope this explains my way of going about it. I happen to call it Open Eyes Kasina because I use it for juicing the concentration by staring at a round-ish object, but I do not close the eyes later to observe the after-image.
Last edit: 1 week 13 hours ago by Dusko.