WUTYL: Dismantling Reactive Emotions

More
1 week 1 day ago #114038 by Tom Otvos
Dakinis and Realms. Tough for a non-visualizing guy like me. But I'll drop this here in case someone wants to pick it up and run with it.

-- tomo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Elstob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #114042 by Noah
I have a comment on the meaning of "visualization" in Tibetan Buddhism.  The core of it is the *sense* that something is really there, literally in front of you or as you.  That might be a being or an environment or an action.  The "see-in" aspect is secondary to the "feel-in."  This is from multiple sources such as Lama Yeshe & Lama Yangchen Gowei Lodoe.  Hope that helps in some way with the exercise suggested in the book (I am not sure what they are). 

More
1 week 1 day ago #114043 by Ona Kiser
I'd second that as a general thing, since Catholic practices include visual imagining of scenes, and I used to do other practices that involved visualization. In normal consciousness it's normal to "see" things in your mind's eye in a way that is not literally visual, just like you can remember exactly where the ketchup is in the supermarket aisle, and 'picture' it in your mind's eye - but you don't literally see it as if there is a screen before your eyes. I think some people give up because they think they aren't getting enough intensity in the practice, but the efficacy is not dependent on that.