Shinzen transcriptions

More
1 month 1 day ago #119264 by Tom Otvos
I saw this post on the Shinzen FB group this morning:

There's been a lot of improvements in AI in the past few months, namely with the release of ChatGPT by OpenAI. They recently also released an open-source library called Whisper that can produce audio transcriptions now approaching human robustness.

Using that library, I compiled some transcripts of the Youtube channels expandcontract and Shinzen Videos into this searchable repository/docs site. The transcripts also contain timestamps that can jump to the YT videos.

stillpoint.github.io/shinzentranscripts/  

Sharing this resource here hoping it can help anyone.

Looks pretty interesting. I am wondering if he is *allowed* to do that, so we'll see how long this stays up. But interesting nonetheless.

-- tomo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
1 month 6 hours ago - 1 month 6 hours ago #119269 by Chris Marti
Replied by Chris Marti on topic Shinzen transcriptions
Am I wrong about this? These are just automated transcripts being generated from Shinzen's actual podcasts. They are not content that has been newly created by this particular AI.

Yes? No?
Last edit: 1 month 6 hours ago by Chris Marti.

More
1 month 5 hours ago #119270 by Tom Otvos
Replied by Tom Otvos on topic Shinzen transcriptions

Chris Marti wrote: Am I wrong about this? These are just automated transcripts being generated from Shinzen's actual podcasts. They are not content that has been newly created by this particular AI.

Yes? No?

Correct, just transcripts. The "AI" angle is that it apparently does a better job of making a correct transcript than just a phonetic-based one.

-- tomo

More
5 days 5 hours ago #119456 by Chris Marti
Replied by Chris Marti on topic Shinzen transcriptions
CNET didn't tell anyone, but the publication used AI to generate a lot of its articles for 18 months. It didn't go that well:

https://www.theshortcut.com/p/cnet-ai-articles-year-and-a-half