Recognizing your own difficulties

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #116836 by Dusko
Be the light onto yourself … even when the “solid” sense of self is no more. 

It’s hard. We ought not to be too harsh to judge. It’s hard business to be conscious. 
If we are honest I’m almost sure most of us might say “best was to be asleep at night and worst to wake up again”. 
I mean all this “shedding light into oneself” is exhausting in comparison to being asleep at night (if not dreaming that is). 
I think Buddha was onto something when teaching Pari-nibbana as the “final goal”. 

… oh man, all this forum writing is so exhausting. I should have stayed in bed! :D 
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Dusko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #116937 by Ona Kiser

Ona Kiser wrote: GuruMaker Pro could contain a bunch of great features:

-Enlighten-o-babble - great for explaining the mysteries of enlightenment.
-Rule-o-rama - comes up with arbitrary rules for disciples to follow, with suggested punishments for infringement. Free year of legal support if you purchase before July 2013!
-Guru-tron - comes up with arbitrary guru-rific behaviors for you to pursue; can be set to change weekly, monthly or annually for variable consistency. Keep your disciples on their toes!
-iTeach 2.0 - generates fresh exciting teachings on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Choose teachings that relate to your rules or behaviors, or just set to "Arbitrary" for that cutting edge feel.

-and as a bonus offer, a six month subscription to Messaging Incorporated's PR services!

@shargrol - apparently we were all much funnier back then. This thread is hilarious.

More
1 week 1 day ago #116943 by Shargrol
good stuff! :D